Do you want to improve your knowledge of current affairs so you can score better on the BPSC exam? If yes, then keep reading! Staying up-to-date with current events plays an essential role in the BPSC exam, as well as in everyday life in general, and for that reason, it is not something that can be underestimated.
We will provide tips and strategies in this article that will allow you to study and understand current affairs effectively and How to crack BPSC Exams in the first attempt . Make sure to read this article in full to gain all the valuable information it offers – don’t miss out!
BPSC Exams: Current Affairs Sources
It is expected that every aspirant must read a minimum of one standard newspaper daily and do so comprehensively. In addition, it is important to read the PRS and PIB releases regularly.
There are also general editorials in the newspaper specific to the part of the paper that deals with the economy.
There are a variety of discussions, spotlights, on All India Radio. India’s World: RSTV’s Big Picture (RSTV’s Big Picture)
Reading articles from newspapers or other content is insufficient to meet this requirement. The aspirant must cover the static aspect of the news, its background, and the socio-political and legal issues related to it.
Important Areas to be focused on in Current Affairs.
Plans and Programs (Including Banking), MSP, National Affairs (including the launch of a new mobile application), Awards, Books (whose Authors Featured in News), Appointment, Persons in News, Organizations in News, Summits, International Affairs, International Appointment, Person in News, Indian Rankings in Various Reports and Indexes, International Organization, Defence (Including Exercise), Missile, Space, Environment, Days (Special Reference).
BPSC Exam Current Affairs: Important Tips
For the BPSC Preliminary Examination, here are some helpful tips on how to prepare for Current Affairs.
- It is not a good idea to stock up on current events books. You should use only a few carefully selected ingredients for your preparation. The priority of quality over quantity should be your top priority if you wish to achieve success.
- Save time by avoiding browsing the internet for “best websites” and “best coaching material” for current affairs. Please spend a few hours a day researching, then choose a source and follow it.
- It would be best if you did not spend too much time reading newspapers, perhaps three or four hours. If you do not read about other topics, you will not have time to do so. A two-hour reading of the newspaper is recommended.
- If at all possible, avoid taking handwritten notes on current events. Keeping your notes online and highlighting the most important points will save you time.
- As a result of reading the newspaper, you get a thorough overview of current events around the globe. This facilitates the reading of the daily compilation later on in the morning. Your memory is more likely to be enhanced when you read the same issue again.
- Observe newspaper articles for good quotes and examples regarding essays, ethics, and interviews.
- Revise regularly to achieve success, facilitating memory retention. Consider writing a daily practice or test series to check your knowledge.
- Set aside a map when you read about contemporary geography and international relations concerns. It will also provide an in-depth understanding of political, geographical, and other concerns concerning neighboring countries.
- Reviewing current events is advised immediately after reading the static portion of a question paper.
- Be confident and trust your instincts.
- It is possible to access a wide variety of current affairs content online and offline. Because of this, it is recommended that you concentrate your time and efforts on a few sources and study them regularly.
BPSC exam preparation involves maintaining an informed understanding of various topics, including politics, economics, and social issues. Keep track of key dates and events by reading various sources, such as newspapers and online news outlets. A mock test can be useful to practice answering current affairs-related questions as well as to keep up-to-date with the latest developments. Consistent effort and dedication are required to successfully prepare for the BPSC exam on current affairs.
Here is the list of best BPSC coaching in Patna.