The UGC NET exam is a national-level examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates who wish to become Assistant Professors or are interested in pursuing research in various fields. It is an important exam for those who want to start their career in academics or research. The exam is conducted twice a year, and candidates must prepare well to crack this highly competitive exam.
Schedule for UGC NET Exam Dec 2022 (Held in February 2023)
The UGC NET exam is conducted in two sessions – the June session and the December session. The exam for Dec 2022 cycle is starting on February 21. The exam is conducted in multiple shifts and on different days, depending on the subject chosen by the candidate. The exam consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is common for all candidates, while Paper II is based on the subject chosen by the candidate.
The complete schedule for UGC NET/JRF Exam 2023 can be downloaded here:
Phase-3 (coming soon, Schedule for Political Science, Commerce, etcetera is yet to be out)
The exam is conducted online, and the duration of the exam is three hours. Paper-I consists of 50 questions of two marks each, while Paper II consists of 100 questions of two marks each. There is no negative marking in the exam, and the candidates must score a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and an aggregate of 50% marks in both papers to qualify for the exam.
Five Last-Minute Tips for UGC NET Exam 2023
- Revise the Syllabus: Candidates must revise the syllabus thoroughly before the exam. They should focus on important topics and chapters that carry more weightage in the exam.
- Time Management: Time management is a crucial factor in the UGC NET exam. Candidates must practice time management while attempting the exam. They must allocate time for each question and section and avoid spending too much time on a single question.
- Stay Calm and Focused: Candidates must stay calm and focused during the exam. They should avoid getting nervous or anxious and should attempt the questions with a clear mind.
- Admit Card and ID Proof: Candidates must carry the admit card and a valid ID proof to the exam centre. They must check the details on the admit card and ensure that all information is correct.
- Last but not least: Trust yourself. You have worked hard for this exam and have already gone through the entire syllabus and practised many mocks. So, stop panicking and making yourself anxious. Instead, during the exam, take deep breaths and focus on the questions that will appear on the screen one by one.
MeraCoaching.com wishes all the aspirants good luck for their UGC NET exam 2023!