CMAT-Common Management Admission Test
Common Management Admission Test is an online computer based test conducted by All India Council for Technical Education India. It is a national level admission test for facilitating institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programmes approved by AICTE. CMAT was introduced in the year 2011 to reduce the burden (financial, mental and physical among the students). Till 2015 it was conducted twice the year but AICTE abolished this practice now it is being conducted once in the year.
Test Pattern for CMAT
• Total Number of Questions-100
• Duration of the test-3 Hours
Types of Questions
Quantitative Technique Data Interpretation- 25 Questions, 100 Marks
Logical Reasoning -25 Questions, 100 Marks
Language Comprehension-25 Questions, 100 Marks
General Awareness-25 Question, 100Marks
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- There shall be negative marking for wrong answers for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Type of Questions and Syllabus
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation-In this sections the calculation skills of the candidates are tested. The questions are based on percentages, ratio and proportion, profit&loss, linear equations, quadratic equations, probability, mensuration, trigonometry, functions etchant good grasp on school level Mathematics can help the candidates to score well in this section.
Logical Reasoning-In Logical reasoning section the candidates are tested on their analytical and logical reasoning skills. An ability to interpret a large amount of data and information can help the candidates to score well in the section.
Language Comprehension-In this section the candidates are tested on their language skills. Many of the questions based on vocabulary and English grammar. The questions are based on jumbled sentences; fill in the blanks, sentences correction, reading comprehension, analogies and revised analogies etc. Score well in this section, the candidates need to have a strong grasp of the English language.
General Awareness-In this section the candidates are tested on their knowledge of general affairs. The candidates may stay updated on the latest happenings in the world.
The qualification standards certified by AICTE:
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen and apply for the test irrespective of the age.
- He or She should have a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.
- Last year pursuing students of Graduate courses whose results will be announced before the beginning of
- admissions for the current year were also eligible to apply.
- Graduation with 50% marks in any discipline.
How to apply online for CMAT?
CMAT process includes 3 steps
Online registration – For the first time users proceed with CMAT 2018.
Candidates must ensure the correct information before submitting.
Dimensions for Photo-140×160 JPEG/JPG, 60 kb.
Signature-60X90, JPEG/JPG, 30 kb. After filling the form correctly click to submit.
Payment options-Fee payment can be done by debit card, credit card, and net banking. Fee-1400 for General and OBC and 700 for SC/ST. Candidates need to print three copies of the Challan in case planning to pay by cash in the bank.
For this CMAT 2018, exact dates are not declared by AICTE.
After the declaration of the result of CMAT the students can apply to the B Schools according to the cut off and scores scored by them.
List of Top B Schools accepting CMAT scores:
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Birla Institue of Management, Mesra
- The Institutes conducts Written Ability test and GD/PI for a further shortlisting of candidates.
Candidates need to carry the document at the time of counseling.
- 10th, 12th and Graduation mark sheet.
- Admit Card of the exam.
- Caste certificate.
- Happy Examinations
Difference between CAT, MAT and CMAT
CAT-Common Admission Test-carried out by IIMs in a rotation, once a year, best exam to get admission for MBA course in India
MAT-Management Admission Test-All India Management Association-conducted 4 times a year, all CMAT colleges accept MAT scores
CMAT-Common Management Admission Test-By AICTE-conducted once a year, except IIMs and XLRI Jamshedpur accept the scores
All three are management exams